Law and Democracy
AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
1900 University Ave.
Austin, TX 78705
The University of Texas School of Law Federalist Society Chapter will host the 42nd National Student Symposium on March 3-4, 2023. The Symposium is organized around the theme Law and Democracy and will tackle important issues surrounding originalism, federalism, and the democratic process.
The Symposium will host five panels on significant constitutional issues that we hope will generate serious discussion among students, scholars, and practitioners:
- Panel I: What is Democracy?
- Panel II: The Democratic Election Process: What is Fair and Who Decides Fairness?
- Panel III: Unique Aspects of American Democracy: Structural Bugs or Features?
- Panel IV: Does Federalism Lead to a More United or Disunited Democracy?
- Panel V: Is Judicial Review Democratic?